Wesley House Formal Hall

One of the most notable things about my Cambridge experience has been the college formal halls.  You can read about my first formal here and my matriculation dinner here. Unfortunately, Dave was here in between terms, which means that there were no formals to take him to.  I felt it an important enough part of my life here that I decided to put one on myself.  Kathryn and Courtney dressed up and came too, along with Walter, our temporary Italian house guest and our wonderful friend Ardis, who was able to join us last minute!





I was quite proud of the menu, though I have to admit, most of it was ready-made:

Spicy Parsnip Soup 
****
Chicken Kiev
with a Parsley Cream Sauce
****
Steamed Broccoli
Dauphinoise Potatoes
****
Caramel Cheesecake
****
Selection of Fine Cheeses

We served the dinner with an Elderflower bubbly (Emmanuel's non-alcoholic drink of choice).  It was a lot of fun, and I'm already anticipating incredibly awesome family "manner dinners" down the road!

Before dinner, I introduced Kathryn and Courtney to one of my birthday gifts: Waking Ned Devine.  It was as funny as ever, and I loved having us all in the living room, laughing together.  After dinner, many of our fun friends from church came over to play games. It was a really nice evening, all together, and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends.  I also, of course, feel so grateful for the two weeks I had with my wonderful husband, to have him there meeting my friends here and getting to know them.     

Comments

Paulita said…
what a delicious menu! would gladly volunteer to be a taste-tester.

Popular Posts