Giddy

Yesterday Courtney and I ventured out into the coldness and wended our way to the Fitzwilliam Museum (Cambridge's main museum).  It's a gorgeous building inside and out:



I was a humanities major for enough of my time at BYU to appreciate art museums.  I enjoy them and was expecting to be satisfied again here.  But I had forgotten where I was.  I was in *Cambridge!  I was in Europe.  I have never been to an art museum in Europe before (to be fair to the US, I have never been to an art museum on the East Coast before either, and that, I think, would yield some of the same results).  Art museums in Europe hold originals from those artists who fundamentally revolutionized the history and practice of art!  Yesterday I was looking at originals from Monet, Van Gogh, Rubens, Titian, Pissarro, Poussin, Van Dyck, Barocci, Renoir, and Delacroix.  None of their very famous works of course, but still utterly delightful!  Courtney was laughing at the giddy expression on my face.  Okay, so I get excited looking at a canvas once touched by a master... 

*i.e. a very rich, very famous institution.

Barocci
Monet
Renoir
Van Dyck
Pissarro

Comments

Tashina said…
I just found your blog today and I read it all...in one day...well can I just say I am very confused about your life. How are you moved to Arizona and 4 days later living in Europe again. Please explain. I am very excited about you guys getting your new house. Please explain.
La Vasaia said…
This makes me so happy Amy. Also jealous. Not that I didn't get a good chance in Italy, but I miss it...

Popular Posts